Follow these simple instructions and you should be on your way to cooking a perfect Medium Rare Ribeye
1. Purchase your 300 gram thick cut Black Angus steaks form the Butchers Club ONLINE STORE
2. Remove from the vacuum package and rest on a plate at room temperature for 1 – 2 hours before cooking. It is important that the steak is not cooked straight out of the fridge otherwise it may be tough.
3. Season well with coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. These are big steaks, don’t be shy with the salt!
4. Add vegetable oil to a thick bottomed frying pan and heat until smoking. Make sure you have good ventilation or your kitchen will fill up with smoke.
5. Gently add the steaks and fry on a high heat for 3.5 minutes until a nice brown crust forms
6. Flip the steaks and turn down the heat
7. Add 2 good sized knobs of butter, 3 sprigs of fresh thyme and 3 cloves of garlic to the pan and fry alongside the steaks. The butter will take on the flavours of the herbs and garlic and flavour the meat.
8. Baste the steaks with the butter using a spoon, continue to baste for around 4 minutes. Be careful not to burn the butter (thats 7 -8 minutes of total cooking time)
9. Rest the steaks on a rack for 5 minutes. Resting allows the meat to relax and stops blood from oozing out onto the plate later.
10. Baste with the remaining butter and juices one last time
11. Serve with a simple green side salad & chips, sprinkle a little sea salt over the steak just before serving.
Starting Feb 1 in all stores, The Hair of The Dog is a burger to Celebrate Chiense New Year and helps to fend off a hangover.
A 160 gram pork patty, topped with bacon, black pudding, fried egg, cheese and hollandaise sauce, sandwiched between two French Toast buns and drizzeled with maple syrup. To 'take the edge off' The Hair of The Dog is served with a complimentary glass of Michelada (Beer version of The Blood Mary) Enjoy!