Follow these simple instructions and you should be on your way to cooking a perfect Medium Rare Tenderloin
2. Remove from the vacuum package and rest on a plate at room temperature for 1 – 2 hours before cooking. It is important that the steak is not cooked straight out of the fridge otherwise it may be tough.
3. Season well with flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Don’t be shy with the salt! TIP. By using flaky salt you will get a nice crust on the setak when you sear it.
4. Add vegetable oil to a thick bottomed frying pan and heat until smoking. Make sure you have good ventilation or your kitchen will fill up with smoke.
5. Gently add the steaks and fry on a high heat for 2.5 minutes until a nice brown crust forms
6. Flip the steaks and turn down the heat
7. Add 2 good sized knobs of butter, 3 sprigs of fresh thyme and 3 cloves of garlic to the pan and fry alongside the steaks. The butter will take on the flavours of the herbs and garlic and flavour the meat.
8. Baste the steaks with the butter using a spoon, continue to baste for around 4 minutes. Be careful not to burn the butter (thats 6 -7 minutes of total cooking time)
9. Rest the steaks on a rack for 5 minutes. Resting allows the meat to relax and stops blood from oozing out onto the plate later. TIP! Use a cooling rack to rest the steaks on with a tray underneath. The air circulation aids the resting process and stops the steaks from steaming on a flat surface such as a plate.
10. Baste with the remaining butter and juices one last time.
Serve with a simple side salad and French fries
Feeling adventurous ? Try the Steak Diane Recipe
The beef short loin is all about bone in steaks. If you have a favorite steak, chances are good that it comes from the short loin. Otherwise, we're talking about strip loin steaks - sometimes called New York strip, T-bone steaks, and porterhouse steaks.
Order Your Bone In Steak from the Shortloin Here
The beef wellington kit includes everything you need to produce your own Beef Wellington Dinner for 2 at home. Including 400 grams of the finest Black Angus tenderloin steak.