The beef wellington kit includes everything you need to produce your own Beef Wellington Dinner for 2 at home. Including 400 grams of the finest Black Angus tenderloin steak.
Kit comprises of:
400 grams of Black Angus Tenderloin Beef
Butter, garlic and thyme (from sealing beef)
Salt & Pepper
100 gram Short Crust Pastry
75 gram of Mushroom Duxelle
25 grams prosciutto
100 ml Green Peppercorn Sauce
Instructions for preparing your Beef Wellington
1. Purchase your Beef Wellington kit from the Butchers Club Online Store
2. Remove the tenderloin from vacuum package and rest on a plate at room temperature for 1 – 2 hours before cooking
3. Season well with course sea salt and black pepper.
4. Add vegetable oil to a thick bottomed frying pan and heat until smoking. Make sure you have good ventilation or your kitchen will fill up with smoke!
5. Gently add the tenderloin and fry on a high heat for 1 minutes until a nice brown crust forms
6. Roll the beef and seal on all sides and turn down the heat (4 minutes in total)
7. Add 2 good sized knobs of butter, 3 sprigs of fresh thyme and 3 cloves of garlic
8. Baste the beef with the butter using a spoon, continue to baste for around 3 minutes. Be careful not to burn the butter!
9. Rest the tenderloin on a rack for at least 5 minutes. Resting allows the meat to relax and stops blood from oozing out onto the pastry later
10. Assembling the Wellington is the most critical part. Take a sheet of cling wrap and order the prosciutto on top. They should slightly overlap each other.
11. Spread nice and thinly the mushroom mixture on top, half an inch from the ends.
12. Put the meat on top and very carefully fold it over. Push and roll it all the way over, so that the prosciutto covers all of the meat and mushrooms.
13. Nip at the ends and squeeze to“ form something like a big candy. That's how you will seal the shape. The tighter, the more perfect.
14. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up.
15. The final wrap is puff-pastry. Take out the roll of beef, ham and mushroom and put it in the middle of a puff-pastry sheet. Roll, until the two edges meet, cut off the extra pastry and twist the ends together to seal completely the beef. Put it back in the fridge for 5 minutes to firm.
16. Remove from the fridge it at room temperature for 20 minutes, to ensure even cooking.
17. Lightly score the pastry with a knife to create diamond shapes (be sure not to cut all the way through the pastry) Brush the egg wash on the surface of the pastry which will give it a golden brown colour. Sprinkle with sea salt generously
18. Bake in the oven at 200 degrees for around 20 minutes for medium rare or 25 minutes for medium.
19. Once out of the oven ensure that you leave it to rest for at least 10 minutes for the meat to relax and reabsorb its juices.
20. Heat up the peppercorn sauce in a pan and serve in a sauce boat
21. Slice the Beef Wellington into 4 or 6 slices, using a sharp knife
22. Serve with a simple green side or roasted vegetables.
The Butchers Club Burger embraces Earth Day this year by offering two-for-one Beyond Meat vegan burgers at all Hong Kong locations, starting April 15th until Earth Day on April 22nd.
We are honored to be ranked by Time Out Hong Kong as one of the best burgers in Hong Kong ✨
Thank you for the recognition !